[vsnet-alert 6261] WZ Sge: deep dips following the superhump maxima

WZ Sge: deep dips following the superhump maxima

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received further excellent data from D. Starkey, M. Richmond and
the RIT team, J. Pietz and G. Masi.  We have also received data from
B. Martin, but they seem to suffer from a transmission problem.
We are also analyzing the Kyoto data, taken by K. Matsumoto-san.

   A quick-look at the light curve shows deep dips just following the
superhump maxima.  The feature started to appear on Aug. 10, and looks
strongest during the Kyoto Aug. 11 run.  The feature seem to have become
weaker in later runs (Masi and Jensen).

   More analysis is intensively in progress.

   Our latest result (up to yesterday) appeared in IAUC 7680.

VSNET Collaboration team