[vsnet-alert 5607] Re: M95 supernova?

We are in the process of trying to confirm a candidate in M 95 = NGC 3351
too. The KAIT image was taken on Jan 22 UT and we have been cloudy and
raining thereafter. However, the position for our candidata (about 84"
west and 97" north) seems quite different Brian's report (2.1' from
the center in pa77), and our candidate is much fainter (around mag
17.5 or so, visual estimate).

If the original observer could provide better offsets of his candidate,
we may be able to tell whether it is the same object we are talking about.
Apparently if someone could get a new image, that would be even better!

Cheers,
Weidong

PS. We are still raining.