[vsnet-alert 4556] Re: BC UMa at supermaximum

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 09:52:50PM +0200, Patrick Schmeer wrote:
> Visual magnitude estimates by P. Schmeer, Bischmisheim, Germany:
>
> BC URSAE MAJORIS  (UGSU)
> Mar.  1.872 UT,  12.6 ;  2.122,  12.7 ;  2.806,  12.8

->Apr.  1.872 UT, ...

Dear photometrists,

I would suggest to concentrate your efforts in the coming nights
on BC UMa, which is currently undergoing its first superoutburst
for almost six years, and will probably be bright until the end of
next week. This SU UMa-type dwarf nova is favorably located in
the evening sky. Since XTE J1118+480 has been bright for already
three months, I would consider this object as a little bit less
urgent.

Clear skies,
Patrick