[vsnet-alert 4383] Re: HadV46: new variable star (unusual?), corrected

Re: HadV46: new variable star (unusual?), corrected

>      I note that the odd colors (mb=14.7, mr=14.4 in USNO-A2.0 by the way)
> could be due to the very crowded nature of the field, which often results
> in the PMM classifier being unable to handle the scan data.

   Possible explanation.  One might note that a Mira star of this brightness
would have been easily recorded in IRAS PSC, but that the IRAS source mentioned
looks more closely associated with the redder (on USNO) star.  Probably a
few immediate multicolor snapshots (or even an unfiltered CCD image) would
solve the problem.