[vsnet-alert 4124] Re: RX J0459.7+1926

Re: [vsnet-alert 4122] RX J0459.7+1926

   Congratulations to Patrick Schmeer for his another important discovery,
and Gianluca and Alessia for your successful observations!  Now it's another
"golden time" for us to set up a new VSNET international observing campaign!
The campaign promoter is you, Gianluca Masi, and we Kyoto team will surely
join soon.  We will make a necessary set-up for a web page for presenting
the results.

   The object was selected as an optical counterpart of the ROSAT source.
The optical spectrum suggests a dwarf nova, and was proposed for further
monitoring (though only few observations has been reported ...).  The
quiescent magnitude was reported as 18, but the V-band photometry at the
Ouda station set an upper limit of 18.3.  A V-band CCD chart was issued
as [vsnet 889], as cited below.

  [vsnet chart of RX J0459.7+1926]

  * X-ray selected CV showing dwarf nova-like spectrum

  045944.0   +192622.9    2000 RXJ0459.7+1926  CV(UG?)  18

frame DD91305  1200 RXJ0459.7+1926       V
date 96 11 16.56453  (V mag)
 714 25212 1583 0
 749 6684 1680 0
 869 26743 1497 0