[vsnet-alert 4104] RE: No outburst of HW Tau

Hi folks,

I just interrupted my IY UMa observing session to get a CCD image of the HW Tau field (2000, Feb 03.03 UT). There's no object visible on the CCD image at the D&S position of HW Tau (down to mag 17). The object labeled on the TA chart (which is at a different position of the D&S object) is present on my CCD image (mag about 14.3), but it is also visible on the D&S image, on the DSS, on the VSNET chart, etc. Again, the TA object is not in outburst neither.

Thanks to Gary Poyner for the on-line assistance with the object identification.

Best regards,
Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory