[vsnet-alert 1933] Period of Nova Sgr 1998 (Lipkin)

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:03:10 +0300 (IDT)
From: Yiftah Lipkin <yiftah@wise1.tau.ac.il>
To: vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Subject: [vsnet-alert 0] Nova sgr 98
Sender: owner-vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp

The following letter has been sent to the IAUC
Y. Lipkin, A. Retter and E.M. Leibowitz, Wise Observatory, Tel Aviv
University report:

On 1998 June 7,8,9,11,12,13 we performed CCD photometry of N Sgr 98 with the
1 m Wise telescope through an I filter, for about 5 hours each night.
The light curve is modulated coherently for at least 40 cycles, with either
one of the two periodicities  0.17330  or .14765  +/- .00011 days, which
are 1 day aliases of each other. The folded data resemle an eclipse light
curve, with an average dip of .014 mag. It is likely that similar periodicity
 modulates the light curve of the star as measured by us already on
May 11 and 12.