[vsnet-alert 1912] Re: Nova Oph 1998 (update)

Hi,

In endorsing the new and better sequence package for Nova Oph 1998,
posted on VSNET on 23/6, I would like to change my two most recent
estimates as follows:

980621.790   119  (B. Monard)
980622.728   123  (B. Monard)

Although my 19/6/98 estimate looks a bit off line with that of other
observers on VSNET, I hereby like to confirm it. H/T sequences were
used and the nova looked significantly fainter than the 110 (0,4) star
to the NNW of it at the end of the observation. I had the distinct
impression that the nova looked more around 110 at the beginning of
the observation. Could the nova have lost some brightness in a time
span of 2-3 minutes? An eclipse perhaps?

Maybe I just made a bad estimate, and repeated it the next night.

Regards,

Berto Monard / MLF
Pretoria

>>> Taichi Kato <tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp> 06/23/98 04:58AM >>>