[vsnet-outburst 4859] Var73 Dra : follow-up observations at CBA Belgium Observatory (2002, Dec 08/09)

Dear colleagues,

Following the announcement by the Kyoto team of the detection of another
outburst of Var73 Dra, I started an unfiltered CCD photometry session of
this object on 2002, Dec 08/09, under relatively good atmospheric
conditions. As usual, the equipment consisted of a 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope
and ST-7 CCD (unfiltered).

The observing session lasted for 2.66 hours. Although small scale variations
are clearly present,  the resulting light curve (see my web site) does show
any superhump characteristics.

It will be interesting to monitor this object during the following nights,
to further determine if this is a normal or superoutburst.

Kind regards,
Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
email : Tonny.Vanmunster@cbabelgium.com