[vsnet-obs 26159] SN data corrections

Dear all,

  I am trying to correct all data entries of SNe observations, which
is collected by automatic and by a hand of "human cron" Dr. Kato ;-).
During that, I have been confronted with some serious problems.

  In reporting your observations to VSNET, please keep in mind at
least these two things.

1) Please follow the VSNET format.

  VSNET format is:
SSSSS  YYYYMMDD.ddd LMMMUF NNNN iiiiiiii

SSSSS: star name.  For SN (which I am concerning), it should be
	"SN2000E" or "SN2000aq" (which will be discovered in future),
	not be "SN00E", "SN00e", "SN00AQ", and so on.

YYYYMMDD.ddd:  Observation time in UT. .ddd means the decimals of day.
	Please do not use any local time, any hour:min format, nor JD
	decimals.  You can use down to any places of decimals.

L: If your observation is upper limit, please put "<" character.  If
	not, you should suppress this column.

MMM:  Magnitude of a star.  If your estimate is 0.1 mag accuracy, you
	should suppress the decimal point (also for upper limit).
	Otherwise, you should not omit it.

U: If your observation is uncertain one, please add ":" character. If
	not, you should suppress this column.

F: Band notifier. (See 2).)

NNNN:  The name of observer.  If you have your code, you can place it
	here.  Otherwise, you can write your full name, observatory
	name, and so on.  Please don't leave unnamed.

iiiiii:  Remarks.  But it will be ignored by automatic collection.

Any columns and separations are not limited for their length, so you
can report like as;

SGRV3355    20000204.111 <153 H.YAMAOKA    is it exist?
SN2000E     20000204.15  15.63C   H.YAMAOKA    bright!
UMAIY       20000204.2     170:C     H.YAMAOKA  faint.

2) Please specify your observing band.

  There are many SN observation reports which use unfiltered CCD.  The
report of it should be distinguished with the visual observation,
because CCD camera is far more sensitive in particularly red light.
Such observations should be noted "C", when using comparison stars
with V mag or mv mag.  If you are using R mag of comparison, you
should note "CR", in order to distinguish them from R filtered
observations.  Of course, the observation with filters should be
reported as V,R(Rc),I(Ic), or such.  Report of visual magnitude
estimates should be suppress this column.

  In the following days, I will collect all datas of SN observation.
There will be some e-mails to vsnet-obs, but please do not surprise ;-).

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp