[vsnet-chat 6899] (fwd) Re: (fwd) Re: V5113 Sgr = Nova Sgr 2003 No.2

   Forwarded message - a measure to make things clear.  I will forward
any message whose public presence will be helpful.

===

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:45:42 +0400 (MSD)
From: "Nikolai N. Samus" <samus@sai.msu.ru>
Subject: Re: [vsnet-gcvs 540] (fwd) Re: V5113 Sgr = Nova Sgr 2003 No.2

Dear Dr. Kato,

I would have appreciated your sending me your thoughts in a personal
message. Very probably, you are right, and we could discuss the
problem with Dr. Green again. However, after my explicit request not to
circulate my message to you, I consider your reaction as quite unfriendly.
It is a shock for me that VSNET considers it possible not to take into
account a request from me, knowing our attention to your work and our
appreciation of all your effort.

Yours sincerely
Nikolai N. Samus

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Taichi Kato wrote:

>    Relayed here, after deliberate consideration, because relaying this
> information is more beneficial to the public rather than keeping it
> within personal communications.
>
>    I have a feeling that logicial basis for not consdiering this object
> as a nova is too tenuous.  I would rather expect a decision by the
> GCVS team to issue the permanent name for this object, since the
> variable star nomenclature system is not affected by such a slight
> difference whether or not the nova nature of an object is widely
> received.  There have been a number of instances in which permanent
> GCVS names were issued (e.g. V445 Pup) before the nova-type nature
> is established.  I don't find a special reason to exclude this object
> in Crux from an equivalent process of consideration.
>
> Regards,
> Taichi Kato
> ===
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:41:40 +0400 (MSD)
> From: "Nikolai N. Samus" <samus@sai.msu.ru>
> Subject: Re: [vsnet-gcvs 536] V5113 Sgr = Nova Sgr 2003 No.2
>
> Dear Dr. Kato,
>
> The answer about Nova Cru is NO. We were discussing this with Dr. Green,
> but then he became not sure about the star being a Nova, and the process
> was temporaly stopped. Since this is our internal process, please do not
> circulate this information over VSNET.
>
> Best regards
> Kolya
>
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Taichi Kato wrote:
>
> > V5113 Sgr = Nova Sgr 2003 No.2
> >
> >    The above designation has been given in IAUC 8206.  Use this permanent
> > GCVS name for further reporting.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Taichi Kato
> >
> > PS. I wonder whether a permanent GCVS name for Nova Cru 2003 has already
> >     been assigned.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku