[vsnet-chat 6608] (fwd) GT Ori variability type

   The following message is from John Greaves.  I personally reached the
same comclusion using the same material -- but had no time to write it
down ... ;-)

   GT Ori has been widely(?) announced as a "prototypical" SRd star,
and there was a call for observation because "this star is one of the
easiest SRd stars to catch variability".  I also joined this project
and made a few estimates.  I haven't heard whether this campaign
yielded a positive result, though.  It was about 20 years ago.

===

Looking at

http://vsnet.astrouw.edu.pl/cgi-asas/asas_lc/054329+0005.0

it does indeed seem likely that GT Ori is indeed some sort of YSO, specifically
the sort prone to occasional eclipse-like dips in magnitude.

Although the plot is a bit sparse, and there is possibly still some worry about
ASAS3 data such that short duration dips could be spurious, the relative
rapidity of the dips, and their apparently relatively short duration in
comparison to a couple of fairly long intervals of near constancy do not
particular fit an SRd star, whilst being somewhat reminiscent of MisV1147, for
example.

Cheers

John