[vsnet-chat 6568] Re: [vsnet-alert 7760] Re: Possible Nova in LMC by Liller

     I was just giving what little 'astrophysical' interpretation
could be made just from the colors.  Neither of the "likely" choices
I gave is at all prepossessing---you wouldn't expect much of anything
to happen in either case.  Clearly some spectra will be required,
hopefully at least one that would allow a reliable radial velocity to be
determined (high velocity of course would place it automatically
in the LMC).  Seems as though the SDor-type objects would be rather
brighter, and blue for that matter, but there's a lot of weird stuff
in the astrophysical zoo.  I would hope someone a lot smarter than me
will check this out spectroscopically in a day or less!

\Brian

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku