[vsnet-chat 6303] Re: (fwd) Re: Reason why the AAVSO members don't get news from VSNET?

Re: (fwd) Re: [vsnet-chat 6298] Reason why the AAVSO members don't get news from VSNET?

Dear Mike,

> I'm not clear as to what the situation is you are describing. Have you
> received some indication that News from VSNET will not be posted to
> aavso-discussion any longer? There is no mention of it on aavso-discussion.

   I understand that the present situation is hard to understand without
quotations of Aaron's replies (I didn't enclose Aaron's mails, to better
conform to netiquettes; Aaron's has all the rights to post here, and he
may feel free to make any follow-up comments).  What I received was from
Aaron only, and I don't want to think this represents the AAVSO's decision.

> I see News from VSNET was also not released by the astro-alert system from
> Sky and Telescope magazine as is the usual custom.

   This is probably caused by a system problem.  I don't receive any other
issues from Sky & Telescope news alerts recently.

> I doubt AAVSO would make a new policy that would essentially result in
> ex-communication.

   I doubt that, too.  A better communication was what we promised with
Janet every time I meet her.

Return to the Daisaku