[vsnet-chat 6104] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Re: NMO Campaign

I think most amateur observers think that the ideal is as much coverage
as possible of *all* stars. You never know when something will do
something interesting. Both the AAVSO database and the VSNET database
have huge gaping holes. I know you pros could easily argue that finite
observing time should be spent on subjects most likely to yield
valuable information. That type of direction is very valuable to the
amateur community. Lead and we will follow. The AAVSO bulletin is a
very worthy effort to help fill the vacuum. The NMO campaign is an
effort to passively organize observations of stars the AAVSO has
determined to be under observed. It's hard for amateurs to find any
drawbacks to that.

Michael Koppelman