[vsnet-chat 2457] GRB 991216

Well, our initial exposures covering the RXTE PCA
error box for this incredibly bright burst (4x the
peak rate of 990123, the one that had the 9th magnitude
optical transient), show no new object brighter than
20th magnitude or so.  These GRB events are always
a gamble, but going after the bright ones when trying
to find an optical counterpart seems to make the
most sense.  I'll let the lists know if a counterpart
is found; otherwise, you can go back to your
regularly scheduled program.
Arne