[vsnet-chat 2309] Re: GM Sgr

I notice that IAUC 7253 (which we just got in today;
the circulars first go to USNO-DC and then sometime later,
often a week later, we get to see them) gives the
coordinates as measured by Gareth to +/- one arcsec.
I think they are better than that in Sumner's sequence file:
http://ftp.nofs.navy.mil/pub/outgoing/aah/sequence/sumner/gmsgr.seq
(several measurements vs. USNO-A2.0).
Also, the circular implies that Luyten and Goranskij looked
at the same star.  Someone should put in a clarification.
  Looking at the ASM light curve, there appears to be
a 20-hour delay between the optical peak and the later
X-ray burst.  Is there an explanation for this?  The flux
curve shapes are not as similar as I would have expected.  The
combined light curve also suggests that the V=8.8 was not
the actual peak, which might have occurred several hours
earlier.  That would have been interesting to see!
Arne