[vsnet-chat 2143] Re: Missing CD stars?

Didn't these catalogues used to be called CoD? I didn't bother to read
these messages at first as it wasn't an exciting title. But if you drop the
'o' , do you drop the 'P' in the CPD and cause confusion?

In any case, with the rate of nova outbursts at about 3/year, you're
probably looking at a possibility of a couple of novae at most. Surely the
cartographers would have recognised a nova?

Oddly enough, we found this a very good atlas in the south - better than
the SAO - but not as good as the more modern Atlas Australis. I still use
this latter at times, as do others.

Regards,
Stan