[vsnet-chat 1815] Re: [vsnet-obs 20232] Re: GM Sgr

Re: [vsnet-chat 1813] Re: [vsnet-obs 20232] Re: GM Sgr

    As far as I remember, GM Sgr probably has an identification problem.
The object was probably first documented by Luyten as a long-period variable
with a range of 15.2-(17p.  The erupting-looking object identified by
Goranskij (reaching 12.4 mag on JD 2443668) is 2' apart from Luyten's GM Sgr
position.  My previous comparison of Goranskij's and Downes et al.'s charts
proved the probable identity betweem them, but the scale of Goranskij's
chart and the crowded field may have resulted some ambiguity.  There still
remains the identification problem between Luyten's and Goranskij's objects.
Though I don't remember clearly, I may have read somewhere the supposed
GM Sgr showed eclipse-like variation ... doesn't anyone know more?

    I believe the object (and the field) still deserves more attention.