[vsnet-chat 1702] Re: PR Her

To make it into USNO-A, an object had to be on both the O and E
plates of POSS-I.  This was the easiest way to reject most
plate flaws.  My guess is that this object was present on one
of the plates but not the other.  Brian, which color were you
inspecting when you found an image?  Or were you using the
POSS-II scans?

If I have time on my April run, I'll take a deep BV set of
this field to identify the variable.  There are a number of
objects in D&S that have no obvious counterparts, and I'm
slowly working through the list as a backburner project
to get good identifications.  Objects like PR Her in a
relatively uncrowded field are sure easier than recovering
old novae in Sagittarius!

Arne