[vsnet-chat 1701] Re: PR Her

     From a simple comparison of the Downes & Shara chart against a DSS image
from the Goddard SkyView server (which allows a coordinate grid to be overlaid
on the image), I find that the nominal coordinates appear to be correct though
not precise.  It is certainly fainter on the POSS-I image than mag. 18.5.
Using the grid from SkyView, I get the position:  18 08 04.9  +38 46 11 (2000),
with an uncertainty of +/- 2 arcsec.  As Timo notes, this is not in USNO-A2.0.
     The SIMBAD entry for the star includes bibliography only for catalogues
of dwarf novae (Petit 1960, Bruch 1987, Downes 1993, Downes 1997), and no
observational work.

\Brian