[vsnet-chat 1559] Re: C/1999 A1 - the 2nd Comet Tilbrook

Re: [vsnet-chat 1552] C/1999 A1 - the 2nd Comet Tilbrook

> Well _this_ time Justin Tilbrook was actually searching for comets when
> he found this one!  See http://vsnet.assa.org.au/vstars/tz2.htm for the
> full story and finder chart.

   Congratulations to Justin on his second comet discovery.  As a matter
of fact, I searched a variable star at the reported position in IAUC ;-)
From your page, I learned Comet Williams was discovered during the
variable star observing, am I correct?  If correct, I think this glorious
byproduct of variable star observing should be better known by the variable
star community.  Although the story on the first Tilbrook's comet is now
widely known, I haven't read other than your page about how vairable
star observation contributed to the comet discovery on Williams' case.