[vsnet-chat 1298] Re: CK Cyg (more)

Re: CK Cyg (more)

  Forwarded message from Prof. Samus:

From samus@sai.msu.su Mon Sep 14 16:12 JST 1998
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:21:18 +0400
From: "Nikolai N. Samus" <samus@sai.msu.su>
Subject: CK Cyg

Dear Dr. Kato,
I have checked the original publications. Really, Seliwanow's paper
(range of pages: 343-351) contains the finding chart, correctly
referred to in the GCVS. Moreover, it contains original
observations, from which, formally speaking, it follows that we
should change the GCVS epoch of maximum (taken from K.A. Tsarevich's
light elements - note that Seliwanow's spelling of the discoverer's
name is Zarewitsch, it is just the German version of the same name)
into 22586(1920). I have NOT been able to locate the Mirovedenie Bull.
referred to in my previous message.

Note also that the star is listed by R.A. Downes et al. (PASP, 1997,
109, 345).

Best regards
Nikolai