[vsnet-campaign-dn 3308] RE: UV Gem: further period shortening!

Dear colleagues,

Two comments regarding UV Gem :

1. I just finished another observing session on UV Gem at CBA Belgium
Observatory (2003, Jan 11/12). Sky conditions were relatively good, and the
session lasted for about 4.6 hours. Superhumps are again prominent. I
haven't further analysed the data yet (I need some sleep first), but will
make them available tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the shortened
superhump period is persistent.

2. The period change reported yesterday (vsnet-campaign-dn 3302, Taichi
Kato) apparently resulted in a period value of 0.0932 d. This value is very
close to the one I published during the April 2002 superoutburst, i.e.
0.0926 +/- 0.0010 d (vsnet-alert 7284). See www.cbabelgium.com for a
discussion on my April 2002 observations.

Kind regards,
Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
email : Tonny.Vanmunster@cbabelgium.com