[vsnet-alert 7874] URGENT TIME CRITICAL - Large aperture observations needed!

The transient object whose information is given on my website

http://vsnet2.hawaii.edu/~linnolt/HXPegtransient.html

is apparently fading rapidly, as evidenced by the nature of the light
curve ending at Sep 20 11:28UT and the negative observations to V=16 or 17
at 18UT.

Anyone with large aperture and can get down faint is requested to observe
this region ASAP!

Thank you very much,
Mike Linnolt

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Michael Koppelman wrote:

> Hmm, quite a mystery. I know Linnolt and Simonson have photometric
> eyes, so if they saw it, it was there. We need some big, big glass
> pointed at that thing...
>
> Michael
>
> On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 03:40 PM, rudolfn wrote:
>
> > I made 20 exposures, each 60second after Sun went down and got
> > combined image with limiting magnitude close to 16 or 17 mag. Nothing
> > new in the filed centered on 23 40 04 +12 38 01 (J2000) coordinates is
> > found. I used R filter, CCD ST-7, 40cm Newtonian and Munipack
> > (munipack.astronomy.cz) for combining.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku