[vsnet-alert 7861] Nova Sgr 2003 No. 2 page

Nova Sgr 2003 No. 2 page

Dear colleagues,

   The nova reported yesterday was announced in IAUC 8204.  The position
of the nova had been relayed before this announcement upon request to
William Liller, which was unfortunately not relayed to this list because
the information was to my personal account during my absence from the
office.  Sorry for the delay in relaying this urgent information
(in order to avoid such a waste of everyone's time, we would be most
grateful, from the next time, if any provider of information of a new nova
could include the positional information at the initial time; we also
encourage to use this public list rather than posting to me personally).

   The discovery details are what have been already posted; I thereby
created the following web page containing all the early information sorted
in a chronological order.  Since the "nova" topics has recently been
widely discussed in different lists or in different threads, I tried
my best to incorporate the essense and related links (some links are
not yet alive; they will become available within a day).  The page also
contains charts and an ASAS-3 image of the initial detection of the rise.

   http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/Novae/nsgr03-2.html