[vsnet-alert 7781] Further astrometry on the LMCvariable/nova?

Arne, I consider 0.3 arcsec (not 2 as you state) small but not unsignificant although differential refraction alone may be fully responsible for it in these circumstances.
As I anticipated in an earlier posting...

BTW the positional difference with published data of the indicated star is also of the same order...

Regards,

Berto

>>> Arne Henden <aah@nofs.navy.mil> 06/23/03 08:59PM >>>
I generally don't consider 2arcsec as a "small systematic difference".
I think you are working at high airmass since you get both evening
and morning observations, so a more likely problem is differential
refraction in your field, especially if you are taking unfiltered
exposures.  If these were unfiltered observations, you should consider
using a filter or two to narrow your bandpass (they have other uses
than just to provide standardized photometry!).
Arne

--
believed to be clean.

Return to the Powerful Daisaku