[vsnet-alert 7273] V589 Her: results of 2002, Apr 05/06 photometry session at CBA Belgium Observatory

Dear colleagues,

I have just concluded the analysis of a 3.1 h (unfiltered) CCD photometry
session of V589 Her, obtained on April 05/06, 2002 at CBA Belgium
Observatory. As usual, a 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope and ST-7 CCD were the main
equipment. Weather conditions during the observing session were moderate :
clear skies but heavy winds.

The resulting light curve will be made available on my web site later today
(www.lunarpages.com/cbabelgium). It shows a periodic (?) modulation with a
0.12 mag amplitude, as was also announced by the Kyoto team in a recent
vsnet message. My observing session was too short to firmly conclude on the
nature of the modulation, but it *might* be the signature of a hump, with a
period of approx 0.1 d. I hope to obtain more observations over a longer
time span, in the next nights, to conclude on this. Important to note is
also that my observations did not reveal any eclipse-like dip (as reported
by the Kyoto team), and the hump profile seems to indicate a rather long
orbital period system.

Needless to say this object deserves all possible attention over the next
nights, through a multi-longitude time-series observing effort.

Kind regards,

Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
www.lunarpages.com/cbabelgium