[vsnet-alert 2674] Re: GK Per non-eclipse

Re: [vsnet-alert 2672] GK Per non-eclipse

Dear Nick,

> Following Dr. Kato's ephemeris I imaged GK Per using 20s exposures from
> 2020 to 2050 on 1999 Feb 22. GK Per appeared to be constant at 12.0 (TA chart
> 890912 using star E as the comparison) with a scatter of less than 0.1 mag
> (unfiltered CCD). No sign of any eclipse!

   Thank you very much for your observation.  However, the possible duration
of potential eclipses may be much longer than those of usual CVs, since
GK Per has a long orbital period of ~2 day.  Potential eclipses may take
hours, and any fetures (depth and duration) may vary depending on the
outburst stage.  We covered the same phase during the 1996 outburst, and
detected varation which may be or may not be eclipse-related.