[vsnet-alert 2109] Re: Faint object in Triangulum

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Hitoshi YAMAOKA wrote:

  Hello:

> About the suspected SN in Abell 262, I intend to give some basic
> information. The cluster Abell 262 has z = 0.0161, from which the normal
> SNeIa at this distance would be expected to be about 15.7 mag at their
> maximum light.  Reported magnitude was 2 mag brighter than this.

  We haven't say that this object should be a SN. That's the question.
Maximo inspected carefully the DSS and there is nothing. Before sending the
alert, I have queried the SIMBAD and there is no reported body on that
position: no apparent galaxy, comet, asteroid, variable...

  Good nights... of good observing.

V$ByD(Btor R. Ruiz                rvr@idecnet.com
    Agrupaci Astronica de Gran Canaria
   Sociedad de Meteoros y Cometas de Espa