[vsolj-alert 836] Re: Nova suspect in Tau

From owner-vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp Tue Nov 28 13:53 JST 2000
From: aah@nofs.navy.mil
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:52:35 -0700
To: vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Subject: [vsnet-alert 5401] Re: Nova suspect in Tau

I've posted at
http://ftp.nofs.navy.mil/pub/outgoing/aah/misc/nova.jpg
a composite image of the suspected nova, where the
B-filter image is in the upper left, V is upper right,
R is lower left and I is lower right.  The background
has been adjusted to make for a prettier image, but
note that the stars are not at equivalent brightnesses
in each filter.  Field is 11x11 arcmin, with north
up and east left in each subimage.
  As you can see, the nova suspect (in the center of
the frame) is quite red.  My conclusion is that this
is just a red variable and not a nova.
Arne

VSNET Home Page

Return to Daisaku Nogami