[vsolj-alert 675] UX Ant fading?

UX Ant fading?

 RCB型のUX Ant(日本からはかなり低いですが)が減光を開始したかも知れません。
 ここ数年は明るかったようです。

From: "Peter F Williams" <pfwilliams@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: [vsnet-alert 4612] (fwd) UX Ant Unsteady (Williams)

The RCB star UX Ant was clearly fainter last night than it has been for the
past several years, remaining essentially constant near magnitude 12.0.  It
is likely to be cloudy here for the next several days so others may like to
check on this star to see if it is entering into a decline.  My recent
observations are :

STAR	YYMMDD (UT)	MAG	OBSERVER

ANTUX	20000301.4756	120	WPX
ANTUX	20000303.4506	120	WPX
ANTUX	20000331.4736	121	WPX
ANTUX	20000411.4340	125	WPX

If UX Ant is in fact now declining, I understand this will be the first
major event since that reported in IAUC5058 of 1990 July 25.  VSS RASNZ
chart 1006/1007 shows only lettered comparison stars but a rather sparce
bright end sequence appears in IBVS4002 of 1994 March 09.

Regards

Peter Williams
Heathcote  NSW
(VSS RASNZ = Wy)