[vsolj-alert 673] XTE J1118+480 period

XTE J1118+480 period

 まだ暫定的な感じですが、分光的に4−5時間の周期が得られているようです。

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:27:04 -0400
From: Michael Garcia <garcia@head-cfa.harvard.edu>
Subject: [vsnet-alert 4603] (No Subject in original)

31 and April 1 (UT) we obtained 15 and 7 spectra (respectively) with
the FLWO 1.5m telescope and FAST spectrograph (3500-7000A, 5A
resolution).  On both occasions, the He II 4686 emission line shows an
S-wave modulation.  While the spacing and coverage of our data does
not allow an accurate determination of the period of the S-wave, it
does suggest the period is between 4 and 5 hours.  This lends support
to the suggestion of Cook, Patterson and Fried (IAUC 7397) that the
orbital period is 0.1706(9) day (see also Cook, VSNET-ALERT 4554).

From: M. Garcia, J. McClintock, W. Brown, M. Pahre,
(Harvard/Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics)

VSNET Home Page

Return to Daisaku Nogami

vsnet-adm@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp