[vsolj-alert 330] X-ray/GRB transient SAX J0835.9+5118

X-ray/GRB transient SAX J0835.9+5118

 GCNによれば、以下の報告がなされています。(変動?)電波源があるらしい
 ようで、また光で増光している天体は見つかっていないとのことです。

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  334
SUBJECT: radio detection of X-ray/GRB transient
DATE:    99/05/20 22:55:34 GMT
FROM:    Dale A. Frail at NRAO  <dfrail@nrao.edu>

D. A. Frail (NRAO), S. R. Kulkarni (Caltech) and C. H. Young
(MSU, NRAO) report:

"On 1999 May 20.69 UT we carried out VLA observations at 4.8 GHz of
the fast X-ray transient detected by BeppoSAX (GCN 333). There is only
one radio source detected in the 3-arcminute error circle. Its
position is (equinox 2000) R.A.=8 36 0.7 (+/-0.1s), decl.=+51 17 8.4
(+/-1").  There is no source at this position in the 1.4 GHz NRAO VLA
Sky Survey taken in 1993 November. Further VLA observations are
underway to determine whether this source is related to the X-ray
transient.

This message is citeable."

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  335
SUBJECT: Optical report on X-ray/GRB transient
DATE:    99/05/20 23:14:55 GMT
FROM:    Josh Bloom at CIT  <jsb@astro.caltech.edu>

Optical Report: Fast X-ray Transient from BeppoSAX

J. S. Bloom, S. R. Kulkarni, S. G. Djorgovski (Caltech) and D. A. Frail
(NRAO) report on behalf of the larger Caltech-NRAO-CARA GRB collaboration:

"We have examined the Digital Sky Survey at the position of the radio
source reported by Frail et al. (GCN #334) found in the error circle of
SAX J0835.9+5118 (GCN #333). An astrometric plate solution for the
field was obtained using the USNO A2.0 Catalogue with an r.m.s.
uncertainty of 0.23 arcsec (ra) and 0.26 arcsec (dec).  Near the
position of the radio source is a faint source, probably a galaxy with
R ~ 19.5.  The centroid position of this optical source is
RA: 08h36m1s.1, Dec:  51o17'06".9 (J2000) which is ~1.5 arcsec to the
East of the radio position.  Though the radio source appears to be
offset from the galaxy, given the uncertainties in the absolute
position of the radio source we cannot rule out the possibility that
the radio source is in the nucleus of the galaxy."

A finding chart can obtained at:

     http://astro.caltech.edu/~jsb/XRB990520/

This message can be cited.

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  336
SUBJECT: optical observation of the X-ray/GRB transient SAX J0835.9+5118
DATE:    99/05/21 00:01:04 GMT
FROM:    Alberto Castro-Tirado at LAEFF-INTA  <ajct@laeff.esa.es>

Optical report: observation of the SAX J0835.9+5118 field

A. Castro-Tirado (LAEFF-INTA Madrid and IAA-CSIC Granada), J. Greiner
(AIP Potsdam), S. Phleps (MPIA Heidelberg), E. Pian (ITESRE Bologna)
and E. Costa (IAS Frascati)  report on behalf of a larger collaboration:

"We have obtained two 20-minute R-band exposures of the 1SAX J0835.9
+5118 error box (Gandolfi et al. IAUC 7174) starting at 19:18 UT
20 May 1999 (17.25 hours after the trigger) with the 2.2 m telescope
at the German-Spanish Calar Alto Observatory (CAHA). After a visual
comparison with the the Digital Sky Survey, no new sources were seen to
the DSS-2 limit. At the position of the radiosource reported by Frail
et al. (GCN 334) we see a point-like, faint object which is also present
in the DSS-2, as pointed out by Bloom et al. (GCN 335). This object does
not seem to have changed significantly in brightness.
Our frames reach significantly deeper than the DSS-2 image. If the
above-mentioned radiosource is not the counterpart to the SAX source,
a more detailed analysis and comparison with deeper images in the next
few days might yield a counterpart."

VSNET Home Page

Return to Daisaku Nogami

vsnet-adm@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp