[vsolj-alert 223] On pos SN NGC 925 (Yamaoka)

From owner-vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp Thu Dec 10 13:01 JST 1998
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:01:18 +0900 (JST)
From: Hitoshi YAMAOKA <yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp>
To: vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp, isn_alert@mbox.queen.it
Cc: yamaoka@rcsvr.rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Subject: [vsnet-alert 2428] Re: Possible SN in NGC 925

Dear all,

>The SN is  located roughly 4.2 arc minutes south and 2.3 arc minutes
>[7.7 seconds of time]  west of the nucleus.

>The galaxy NGC 925 is 10.5 x 5.9 arc minutes in size and so the
>SN candidate is located within the galaxy proper, however, there
>is always the chance that it is a forground [galactic] variable
>that appears to be superimposed on the galaxy.

I guess that the reported position of suspected SN is well out of NGC
925, but it can be the outer region of the disk of it.

And, I wonder how did the reporter translate the arcminutes to seconds
of time.  Is it correct?

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp