[vsnet 1316] (fwd) Re: Southern CV candidates

Forwarded by permission from Dr. Cieslinski.  Dr. Cieslinski has told that
the paper mentioned is to be published in Astronomy & Astrophysics
Supplements Series.

From deo@das.inpe.br Sat Mar  7 05:17 JST 1998
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 98 17:19:46 EST
From: deo@das.inpe.br (Deonisio Cieslinski)
To: tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Subject: Re:  [vsnet 1307] Southern CV candidates
Cc: deo@das.inpe.br

Dear Dr. Taichi Kato,

We have seen your e-mail about southern CV candidates selected from
irregular variable stars (Steiner et al. 1988, ASP Conf. Ser. 1, 67).
We would like to make some comments about these stars since we have
observed them.

The photometric data we have for V729 Sgr show that it is an eclipsing
cataclysmic variable with an orbital period of 0.173 d. For V617 Sgr
the photometric and spectroscopic observations indicate an orbital
period of 4.97 hours. We have also data for V342 Cen (photometry), CZ
Aql (photometry and spectroscopy), V1082 Sgr (photometry and
spectroscopy), ST Cha (photometry), while for V730 Sgr we have only few
photometric data.

At the moment we are preparing papers for V617 Sgr, V729 Sgr and CZ Aql
and in the near future for V1082 Sgr and V342 Cen. Possibly, V1082 Sgr
is a symbiotic star.

Best regards,
Deonisio Cieslinski