[vsnet 1016] VSOLJ annual meeting

We invite you to attend to

The Special Annual Meeting of VSOLJ
- The 1st (unofficial) worldwide joint meeting of variable star observers held
in Japan for professionals and amateurs.

This summer the General Assembly of the International Astronomical Union (IAU)
will be held in Kyoto, Japan. By taking this opportunity, the Variable Star
Observers League in Japan (VSOLJ) plan to held a meeting for variable star
observers at Dynic Astro-park near Kyoto. We are very please if many variable
star observers visiting Kyoto also attend to our meeting.

Held on;
August 23-24, 1997

 8/23(Sat)
  13:00      Registration
  13:30-17:30  Oral presentation session
  18:00-19:00  supper
  19:30-21:30  join to weekly public open house of Dynic observatory.
  22:00-       mixer

 8/24(Sun)
   8:00- 9:00  breakfast
   9:00-10:30 annual report of VSOLJ
  10:30-12:00  guest speech of invited speakers
  12:00-13:00  lunch
  13:00-15:30  excursion
                (Hikone castle and old telescope in the castle museum.)
   16:00        close

    (time schedule is still preliminary, may be changed in the 2nd
     announcement.)

Held at;
Dynic Astro-Park (Taga-cho, Siga prefecture, Japan)

  Dynic Astro-Park is located in Taga town , Siga Prefecture near Kyoto.
    It takes for  minutes from Kyoto station to Maibara station that is
    nearest for Dynic Astro-park by Kodama super express of JR line train.

$80 for registration including supper, light breakfast and lunch.
one large room together. We will also offer a hotel near Astro-Park if
you prefer.

Official language in this meeting is English and Japanese.

We are appreciate your short talk about your research, recent activity of
variable star organization in your country, etc.
We will arrange some space for posters. We also appreciate your poster material
about research result of variable stars.

When you plan to join to our meeting, please e-mail to (Mr.) S. Takahashi
(HHF00200@niftyserve.or.jp).

The Program of presentations is not fixed yet and will be announced in the 2nd
circular around July.

                                    Chair of VSOLJ,
                                                     Keiichi Saijo

                                                     Local committee;
                                                     Susumu Takahashi
                                                     Seiichiro Kiyota
                                                     Taichi Kato,
                                                     Makoto Watanabe

This announcement is free to  re-post to other mailing-list. Thank you.

S. Kiyota
Lab. Stress Physiology
Nat. Inst. Agrobiolo. Resour.