[vsnet 281] Comp for QQ Vul: False alarm

FALSE ALARM ON COMPARISON STAR FOR QQ VUL

Our information in the VSNET (N 238 from 04.10.95) concerning possible
weakening of the comparison star "a"  (Andronov I.L., Yavorskij Yu.B.
Pis'ma Astron.Zhurn.,1983, v.9, N 9, p.556-558. and Andronov I.L.,
Borodina I.G., Kolesnikov S.V., Shakhovskoy N.M., Shvechkova N.A.
UBVRI magnitudes for cataclysmic variables, AF Vul and comparison stars.
- Inform.Bull.Var.Stars, 1993, N 3932, 4)
in September should be cancelled. Unfortunately, it is owed to
erroneous pointing to the object. As was noted, the discrepance between
the photographic magnitude by Andronov and Yavorskij and the UBVRI
photoelectric ones by Andronov et al., 1993 is owed to a systematic shift
of the pg magnitudes due to the bad background for the standard stars in
the globular cluster, but not owed to the variability of "a".

N.M.Shakhovskoy,
Crimean Astrophysical Observatory, Nauchny 334413 Crimae, Ukraine
S.V.Kolesnikov,
Department of Astronomy, Odessa State University,
T.G.Shevchenko Park, Odessa 270014 Ukraine