[vsnet-symbio 221] (fwd) BL Telescopii eclipse

From: "Sebastian Otero" <varsao@fullzero.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 23:33:49 -0300
Subject: [vsnet-chat 5622] BL Telescopii eclipse

The symbiotic eclipsing system BL Telescopii has entered a new primary
minimum.
According to Hipparcos observations and my data of the two most recent
eclipses, the period is more than a day shorter than the GCVS value of 778.6
days.
I don't have enough observations yet for an accurate determination but a
value of 776.9 (+-0.5) is the best fit to my data points.
Maybe the vs organizations databases can provide a much better value.

BL Tel is now around 8.8 in its descending branch.

There were not alert this year on the discussion lists on this event. I only
remembered it after reading Alex Amorim report.
Thanks, Alex !

Sebastian