[vsnet-survey 30] (fwd) ROTSE1 SURVEY test fields... (Greavs)

(fwd) ROTSE1 SURVEY test fields... (Greaves)

Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 10:34:26 +0000
From: JG <jgts@jgws.totalserve.co.uk>

LD345 = GSC 3530 2757 lies amidst a ROTSE1 test field.

Apparently, throughout the time of that survey nothing untoward occured
in this star, as they detected no variation for it.

Then again, I'm not sure whether RCBs are all that easy to detect with
standard variability detection algorithms, which look for periodicity,
or if not for that, at least for short term variation [gross
generalisation].  Then again, again, I'd have thought any dips of
reasonable duration would have been obvious.

Ostensibly, quasi-R band epoch photometry for this object should lay
upon the ROTSE1 hard disks somewhere.

So, unless they're sulking from the ticking off Brian [rightly] gave re
their unthorough approach to crossidentifying "their" ROTSE variables
with extant lists, maybe they'll cough it up if somebody asks nicely?

Cheers

John

John Greaves
UK