[vsnet-survey 28] (fwd) MACHO/OGLE variable stars (Greaves)

(fwd) MACHO/OGLE variable stars (Greaves)

Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:59:30 +0000
From: JG <jgts@jgws.totalserve.co.uk>
Subject: OGLE variables catalogues

TK wrote:

>MACHO variable stars
>
>    Is there any list (published or available on-line) of variable stars
>discovered by the MACHO collaboration?
>
>Regards,
>Taichi Kato

Dear Taichi Kato

The following URLs are what you want :-

ftp://astro.princeton.edu/ogle/ogle1/

and

ftp://astro.princeton.edu/ogle/ogle2/var_stars/

NOW, for OGLE1 you have a choice of following the var_catalog subdirectory,
then the bwn subdirectories [where I think bw denotes Baade's Window and n
is a number from 1 to 8 or c], and then the separate tarred catalogues for
eclipsers and pulsators etc in each one of these, or

you can download the file var_catalog.tar which contains everything [I
think], but is a massive 66 Mb long!!!!

I looked at this a few months back, and with one thing and another, I
decided I couldn't justify the online telephone costs of trying to sort
this lot out!

For OGLE2 you'll find lmc and smc subdirectories, naturally enough, with
further subdirectories after that.

Best of luck!

Cheers

John