[vsnet-survey 24] Re: Coords and IDs for ASAS variables

Dear Colleagues,

We follow your discussion most attentively. We do see that the situation
with the catalogs of variable stars has changed greatly and many changes
in the GCVS routine are a must. We do try to improve coordinates for all
OLD variable stars, to check identifications with the newly discovered
variables, and ultimately to include the new discoveries into the GCVS
system. However, accurate coordinates of the "old" GCVS stars are the
first priority for us, and lists like that recently presented by ASAS are
quite good and meanwhile are quite sufficient sources of information, so
we are not in a hurry about them. We are going to present our thoughts
about the future of the GCVS at the JENAM meeting in Moscow next week.

My congratulations to the ASAS team!

Nikolai Samus
GCVS