[vsnet-survey 6] (fwd) ASAS new variables against newvar.cat (Greaves)

(fwd) ASAS new variables against newvar.cat (Greaves)

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 18:42:32 +0000
From: JG <jgts@jgws.totalserve.co.uk>
Subject: Lorra lorra variables

Dear Taichi Kato

I've checked a recentish copy of your NEWVAR.cat against the ASAS [All Sky
Automated Survey] data and found that about 60 ASAS stars are also known in
other catalogues.

Although I haven't had time to do a rigorous check as yet [and in fact, may
not do so], the vast majority tally with FASTT stars, not surprisingly.

A couple of TASS stars, half a dozen or so MISAO variables and a handful of
Takamizawa variables are also in there.  One object is in ASAS and in
NameList 75 and a TmzV star and a carbon star, which is a little greedy of it!

A few AC2000 "singletons" also occur.

This cross-variabling is getting more and more problematic...

Cheers

John

John Greaves
UK