[vsnet-superoutburst 1593] AB Nor: most probably growing superhumps!

AB Nor: most probably growing superhumps!

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received a new data from Peter Nelson.  A CCD image from
Peter Nelson has been relayed to Yamaoka-san for outburst astrometry.
A combination of the Sep. 1-2 data from Peter Nelson and Berto Monard
is now best explained by a phenomenon of growing superhumps.  In hours
or a day, we can expect a full growth of superhumps!  Please keep
a continous watch!  The best superhump period determined from the Sep. 1-2
data is 0.0826(10) d, although other period cannot be still perfectly
excluded.  A phase-averaged light curve of the superhumps is placed at

    http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/DNe/AB_Nor/absh.gif

    Congratulations to Peter Nelson and Berto Monard!  Please continue
observing AB Nor, since the object is expected to show a dramatic change
just now!

VSNET Collaboration team