[vsnet-superoutburst 1585] KV Dra superhumps! - unusual faint superoutburst?

KV Dra superhumps! - unusual faint superoutburst?

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received the following report from Arto Oksanen.  The incoming
data are being analyzed!  The present outburst looks like a rare faint
superoutburst (similar outbursts of SW UMa were observed in the early 1990's,
during which super-QPOs were discovered).  Please keep the closest watch.

   We have received further data from Jochen Pietz and Lew Cook, which will
be soon examined.  The first night of the outburst was covered by Torii-san
and Tanabe-san (not yet analyzed), the second night by the Kyoto team
(Uemura-san, not yet analyzed).  So the coverage has been nearly perfect!

   Looking for your excellent observations, and nice superhumps!

---

I started observing KV Dra on 2002 Sep 1 at 20 UT. The star is still
bright, about 13.6 (unfiltered, USNO R reference).

best regards,

arto

---

I have completed my KV Dra run with Nyrola 40 cm telescope and ST8E CCD.

I observed unfiltered with 60s exposures almost 4 hours
(20020901.84-20020902.00 UT).

The light curve shows nice 0.25 mag superhumps. The average magnitude was
14.3 during the run.

The comp star is the V=13.185 star on AAVSO f chart (Henden sequence).

Preliminary lightcurve:
http://nyrola.jklsirius.fi/ccd/2002/data0901/KVDra20020901.jpg

A reduced and median combined image with USNOA2 reference astrometry can
be found on the same directory:
http://nyrola.jklsirius.fi/ccd/2002/data0901/KVDram60sCmedian.fit
http://nyrola.jklsirius.fi/ccd/2002/data0901/KVDram60sCmedian.jpg

Measured KV Dra astrometry:
14 50 38.36	  64 03 29.3	    13.927

best regards,

arto
--
Arto Oksanen, Nyrola Observatory, FINLAND
email: oksanen@nyrola.jklsirius.fi