[vsnet-superoutburst 1130] SDSS J1730: rapid decline phase

SDSS J1730: rapid decline phase

    T. Vanmunster has kindly sent us the new data on October 28/29,
which is just on the rapid decline phase from the superoutburst.
The decline rate is about 3 mag/d.  Combined this data with our data
sets, we calculated the best candidate of the period of 0.079220(30) d.
Folding the October 28/29 data with this period, we found that a
superhump still existed with an amplitude of about 0.15mag at the
phase similar to that before the rapid decline.  Furthermore, we can
see the sudden growth of a late superhump 0.4 phase after the ordinary
superhump.  Its amplitude was comparable to that of ordinary one.

    The Kyoto team performed time-series observations on October 29.
The object was 0.6mag fainter than that obserbed in Vanmunster's run.
In our data, no large fading trend was detected, indicating that the
rapid fading has already finished.  The folding light curve shows that
the superhump and late superhump were still present while their
amplitudes decreased to about 0.1mag.  The phase of the humps were
apparently shifted.  This may imply the rapid contraction of an eccentric
accretion disk.   Please keep monitoring of this new SU UMa star.

Regards,
Makoto Uemura