[vsnet-superoutburst 979] WZ Sge brightening?

WZ Sge brightening?

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received excellent data sets from J. Pietz, G. Masi & F. Mallia,
and have analyzing fully successful Kyoto observations.

    A very preliminary analysis has shown that WZ Sge may have started
a slow brightening, starting on Sep. 19 (during the Kyoto observation),
and the object was subsequently caught several tenths of magnitude brighter
by Masi and Mallia's observaion.  Although the exact assessment of the
analysis requires further fine zero-point adjustment and awaits the
progress of the Kyoto analysis, the present (possible) brightening may
be associated with strong QPOs observed by Masi and Mallia.

    The star may erupt again in subsequent hours, and further intensive
observations are most urgently requested.

    Time-series analysis is keenly in progress, and we have got a very
impressive light curve on Sep. 17 and 18, which will be presented on the
Web later.

VSNET Collaboration team