[vsnet-standstill 138] Re: Z Cam

Re: Z Cam

> it looks like I was the only observing Z CAM last night. True, the star is
> low on northern horizon on evening.
> What I saw is strange: the star taking an outburst fom a standstill, and
> not, as usual, from the low state. Confirmation needed!

   Z Cam at present shows a clear indication of damping oscillations.
This feature was also seen when the object entered a standstill in 2001
(see IBVS 5093; just to note, this phenomenon was apparently first
clearly recognized in 1984 by Szkody and Mattei, PASP 96, 988).

   Have a fun with this new stage of Z Cam!

Return to the Daisaku Nogami