[vsnet-sequence 78] Nova Aql 2001 sequence (Henden)

Nova Aql 2001 sequence (Henden)

From: aah@nofs.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:55:24 -0700
Subject: [vsnet-chat 4468] NAql01 field photometry

A preliminary one-night BVRI field photometry file for this
field can be found at:
ftp://ftp.nofs.navy.mil/pub/outgoing/aah/sequence/naql01.dat
It shows the nova at V=13.34 (UTD 010522.448).  This field is
pretty crowded, with several faint companions near the nova,
so be careful with your photometry.  The field is also heavily
reddened, which is one reason why the nova is so red
(B-V = 1.76) and why unfiltered photometry is giving discordant
results.  As I've mentioned a dozen times before, using
standard Johnson-Cousins filters gives much more consistent
results when trying to compare observations from different sites.
  I will get one more night of photometry this run, and so
will revise the .dat file tomorrow.  The current file has
about 0.02mag external zero point error.
Arne