[vsnet-rr 25] Polaris: analysis of visual observations

Polaris: analysis of visual observations

Dear Colleagues,

    I have analyzed recent visual observations of Polaris (alpha UMi)
reported to VSNET.  The data are 76 observations between 1997 Aug. 5 and
2000 Sep. 1.  Most of observations were done by M. Sato and E. Eker.
Although the signal is weak, there is a signature of the 3.97 d period.
The best period determined from these observations is 3.9646 d, but
this value should be treated with caution because the number of observations
is relatively small.  I have placed a PDM figure and phase-average light
curve at:

    http://ftp.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/Cep/Alpha_UMi/pdm.gif
    http://ftp.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/Cep/Alpha_UMi/ph.gif